Sunday, November 15, 2009

Court-ordered knitting

A summons to jury duty turned out to be an excellent opportunity to get the jump on my holiday knitting. I was ordered to appear for two days, which basically consisted of sitting around the jury room waiting.

I didn’t even get as far as a court room as cases before judges were either settled or still in pre-trial when it was time to go home.

As a knitter, any time spent sitting around is never wasted and I was able to finish a pair of winter survival socks. These are natural brown Romney wool mixed with multicolored Firestar and are shown to the right.

On my first day, I finished one entire sock starting from about where the picture below shows. On the second day, I started a new pair with a different pattern. After knitting a few inches, I decided I didn’t like the pattern, so I frogged it and started over. I decided to do my next pair in the same basic rib pattern, shown below.

Another good thing about jury duty are the two hour lunch breaks. I was able to visit a friend over lunch, drink tea and talk about our favorite fiber subjects. What a great way to spend a day.
So, by order of the court, I’m on my way to having my Christmas knitting done by Thankgsiving. How cool is that?

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please stop by again!

No comments:

Post a Comment