Sunday, November 8, 2009

Crafting holiday

Every so often a weekend comes along that is not so crammed with commitments that it is like a having a real day off. It is the kind of day where you wake up and not only realize it is Saturday and you don’t have to go to work, but there is nothing you “have” to do. This is even better when the sun just happens to be shining and it is warm enough to open some windows and let the fresh air in.
I just happened to have one of those Saturdays, and with all the beautiful light flowing in from outside, and all the stretches of commitment free time, it was the perfect time to tackle a bit of crafting. You may remember that I moved a warp onto my smaller floor loom after a slight disaster winding it onto my table loom. I won’t go into details here, but let’s just say I had been kind of ignoring that loom. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do.
As the sun poured in, I sat on a little stool and enjoyed the luxury of an uninterrupted stretch to count threads and figured out that I had enough to make something 17 inches wide. This should make an okay kitchen towel, especially since these will be my first kitchen towels. After adjusting the threads along the raddle, I was able begin threading in rosepath.
Having a stretch of free time is so nice. I also got a dye pot going, figured something out on a sweater I’m knitting for my husband, and made a dent in carding the purple Shetland (shown below) for a sweater for me. Shown above is a sock I finished from one of my Tour De Fleece yarns. It is a blend of gray Corriedale and purple/red mohair.
Thank you for visiting my blog. May you find time for a crafting holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment