Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy dance!

Time to do the happy dance: A sweater I’ve been knitting for what seems like forever is done! And since I’m one of those people who knits only one sweater at a time, it means I can get started on a new project.
(Please note, I said one sweater at a time, so I’m knitting other things, just not sweaters.)

This Finished Object represents 1600 yards of knitting in the “old way.” This is a gansey inspired by two books: Patterns for Guernseys, Jersey’s and Arans by Gladys Thompson (Dover Press) and Knitting in the Old Way by Priscilla Gibson Roberts and Deborah Robson (Nomad Press). I modified my own design to make a light sweater that would fit. You can read all the details on my Ravelry project page.

I’m glad to be done and I’m thinking about my next project—which will be that Fair Isle yoke sweater I’ve been thinking about for quite some time. It will be predominantly knit from a three ply yarn I spun from Pat’s Rambouillet sheep. She has lovely fiber!

As for my small projects, I’m getting a little bit tired of knitting socks, so I’m going to take a break and knit some hats. This time, I won’t be using handspun, but chose from a big pile of yarn that was given to me with the loom I purchased this summer. What do you think of those colors? It’s good thick yarn so I should be making lots of fun hats. Hope my family is ready for this heady largess.

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please stop by again!

3 comments:

  1. The sweater is lovely, Rose! Glad to hear it's finally done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! You've made a very nice sweater and it fits well too! I also like the yarn colors for the hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sweater. You are so clever. Can't wait to see the hats and I am sure your family will love them.

    ReplyDelete