Sunday, January 10, 2010

A good start

Having made public the embarrasing state of my fiber stash, it feels good to follow this up with some pictures of progress being made. Below is the first of my purple Shetland yarn: a DK weight (11 WPI). This is 211 yards worth representing 6.85 ounces of fiber. Not bad for the first week. I plan to be piling up skeins on my Ravelry project page over the next month.

I'm also knitting my first sweater, a Fair Isle yoke, and below is the first sleeve and half of the body. I cast on Jan. 1 and have been knitting along. I did frog the body midweek when I realized I was making a much bigger sweater than I could ever wear. I joined that Ravelry group where you knit 12 sweaters in a year. I'm not sure if I can do 12, especially since I knit from hanspun, but I can try.

Last, I managed to fill one bobbin toward a three ply rug yarn for that rug project which seems to have been at a standstill for months. The thing missing is the yarn, so this does represent a little bit of progress. I'm aiming for a super bulky three ply at 5 WPI.

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please stop by again! Next week: Warp Gremlins Strike!








No comments:

Post a Comment