Sunday, March 7, 2010

Interlude

Ouch! I've been bitten by the beading bug. So instead of working on reducing the amount of wool I have piled up for spinning and knitting, I've gone out and bought beads. As you can see, I've been busy. All of these necklaces have matching earrings.Beading is amazing. I'm surprised at how much fun it is. It is something I've been thinking of doing for quite a while, so I had many of the basic supplies on the day I stumbled on a sale on semi-precious stones at Michael's. A few shoppng trips and some actual time beading and voila--a jewelry wardrobe. From the top you can see a necklaces of citrine, amethyst and tiger's eye. Below I have strung two kinds of jasper. In the middle is a necklace of peridot chips and zebra jade.
I love the natural stones best, which makes sense since I love to spin and knit with natural fibers. They are especially interesting because each natural stone has meanings and "properties." Now, I have a background in science, and I like to see data to back a claim, but I'm not about to go overboard.
I read that citrine exudes positive energy. and I have no problem with that. Who can't use a little more positive energy? And it is true, I feel good wearing it. Amethyst is reputed to be a healing stone, and jasper has protective qualities against negative energy. Why not? This would be difficult to prove scientifically and so falls into the province of spirituality and faith, not science. And why not enjoy a bit of positive energy?
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come back!
Also, visit me at WhorlWindWeaver
Exploring the art of home wool production from beginning to end; raw fleece to useful yarn to finished project

No comments:

Post a Comment