Saturday, January 15, 2011

And the winner is...

Wow, this is difficult!  I'm reading all these clever posts and trying to decide who I should pick.  Then I realized I couldn't decide!  Argh.  There's a a lot of talent out there. I have to say I love the poems and songs, and can feel for the person whose early cotton spinning efforts looks like cat turds--been there.

So, I did what any indecisive spinner would do--I wrote names on pieces of paper and put them in a handspun, handknit hat.  My DH was given the honors of drawing a name. 

So the winner is (drum roll please)  Lisa G. the woman taking spinning lessons and raising Pygora goats.  I know it is meant to be because I love Pygora and once did a study on it with my guild. I'd like to get one and tell the city it's a dog--though I suppose Baxter (my personal assistant shown in profile picture) might not approve. So Lisa, please contact me at rose@whorlwindweaver.com so I can get your address and mail the fiber off.

Next:  In a few weeks, I'll be finding a new reader for a travelling book on urban farming. 

And I'll have more stash that needs new homes.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know - I received the cotton, it is beautiful - such short fibers in comparison to what I am learning now but I will get there and hope to start to spin it soon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete