Saturday, January 22, 2011

Phoning it in?

My Ravatar has taken on a nerdy new look in honor of Nerd Wars.
My next New Year's Resolution is to get into shape.  It's something I've been doing since last July but have intensified lately.  Thanks to a Ravelry group, I found out about SparkPeople, a free online diet and exercise program that has helped tons of people.  It has amazing nutrition and fitness trackers, along with solid diet and exercise advice, so if you are wanting a healthy lifestyle, go to SparkPeople.com and  check it out.

Exercising and cooking healthy meals has taken a significant bite into my crafting time.  I am still knitting the same sweater, and still spinning the same purple skein--I hope to be plying that by the end of the month though because I joined Ravelry's Nerd Wars.  Those who know me from that online knitting/spinning etc. community may have noticed the sleeves of my sweater have taken on something of a Star Fleet look since I joined Team Enterprise.  I do my cardio to old episodes on DVD so it works.  I'm hoping the challenges to Nerd Wars will ignite me to use up some stash.  Warning:  I will be talking about spinning "tribble" fur.  That's Nerdspeak for angora rabbit fluff.

Swearing is on the uptick as I started a Jillian Michael's exercise CD.  She's the one on The Biggest Loser who yells at people to keep going.  Her 30 Day Shred is not for the faint of heart.  The first time, I couldn't do more than 3 minutes and a lot of swearing. Despite this, I went back for more and did an (expletive deleted) official Day 1, I (expletive deleted) gasped through it.  I survived Day 2, but it felt like my bellybutton actually glued itself to my spine.  Jillian doesn't let you "phone it in" as she likes to call going through the motions of a workout.  "Bead of sweat" has taken on a whole new meaning for me. Yes, sweat does pour down in beads.  If I survive the 30 days, I will highly recommend this CD.  We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment