Monday, September 5, 2011

Weaving Wonderland

A long crafting weekend is just about behind me.  I had a lot of fun making some jewelry with the citrine I showed you last week, but more importantly, I took out my table loom and started winding on a warp.  Here you can see the some handspun llama on the small warping board. Behind it is the Schacht 8 harness table loom. I'll be doing plain weave--more loom than I need for the job.  I wanted to try something simple in two colors. So far, I've successfully wound on the warp and I'm ready to start threading.  The yarn is decently thick, so I'm weaving at six ends per inch and I only have 108 ends to thread. Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Now that I've gotten my feet wet with a Rigid Heddle loom, I keep longing for 4-8 shafts to do more fancy patterns (I really want to do a point-twill soonish, and I'm considering trying to rig up my Schacht Flip with the extra heddles I got with a Beka loom because I have four of them and could treat them like individual shafts).

    Sorry I didn't get to meet you this August! I know we talked about it, but my trip home was just too busy. Hope you have managed to stay cool in Naperville. I think we came through on the one cool week this Summer ;)

    ReplyDelete