Sunday, December 4, 2011

'Tis the Season to be Manic

I'm making this hat for my sister.
Will we be putting up the Tree today? Ted asked me this in the morning before my first cup of coffee. So he got a grunt instead of "Falalalala-lalalala!" because I was stumbling around without my contacts and I'd forgotten it was December already.
Cutting off this giant warp seemed a better use of my time.

A few bars of "Falala" will be my standard answer to all holiday related inquiries this year--you know the usual ones about whether I've finished shopping, baking, decorating whatever. I'm just not in the mood to be manic about doing the holidays. I don't want to turn my home into a tinsel and glitter light show any more than I wanted to run out to a big box store to be pepper sprayed by some moron over a cheesy electronic gadget. Yep. Bah Humbug!

I started weaving bookmarks as little gifts.

Sorry people.  I'm sitting this one out. I'm not putting on a little bow and being a Miss Pacman Consumer Robot and join the throngs in orgy of consumer debt. Oh, I plan to have fun. We'll do lunch in our cute little downtown and visit a few local stores, but I'm not going nuts.  The tradition in my home is small gifts for family. As for each other, my husband and I set modest budgets for our hobbies so we can get some of the things we want. We'll put them under the tree if we get around to putting it up.  We are old enough now to have forgotten enough of the contents to be a little surprised.

Falalalala-lalalala!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment