Sunday, January 8, 2012

Nailed it!

I LOVE silk. My niece purchased these for me in Thailand.
Lost the six ounces I needed to order fiber from Bohoknitterchic for her challenge!  Yes, I was going to leave updates to the Flab to Fluff Challenge to once a month but then I remembered I had to lose weight to order the fiber for a contest I entered on Ravelry.  I ended out losing 2.5 pounds, giving me a net of 2 pounds more of fiber to buy.

In the meantime, I got the Yarn Barn's Mill-End Fiber Club mailing yesterday and OMG they have SILK yarn for FOUR dollars a pound!  So, today I woke up and did thirty minutes with Coach Nicole of Spark People and then sucked it in and faced  20 minutes with Jillian. Then I did the usual 45 minutes on the exercise bike and had an incredibly healthy lunch.  I'm thinking of 30 minutes of  BL bootcamp after I spend some time warping my loom.
Here is a green linen/cotton blend I'm warping for placemats. It's a former mill-end special.

Yeah, I know, overdoing it, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah but we are talking SILK here!  Yum, yum, yum.  They have other yummy things and if I want a chance at them I had better get going before every other weaver snaps them up.  Well, loom warping is a little strenuous, and I need to do some carding.  I have piles of alpaca to work on for spinning and I've discovered I lose weight when I do a bunch of carding. Carding Cardio?

Has anyone seen my camera? I wanted to take pictures of stuff but I seemed to have misplaced it.  Above are pictures I haven't shown yet.  I wanted to show you my new hobby of candle making and the second 8-foot workbench my husband made over the Holidays. Now I have tons of space for projects and mess making.

That's it for now, I have some warping to do and then cooking of healthy meals.  Oh yeah, and some working out.  Silk.  That's my mantra. Silk.

3 comments:

  1. You exercise for silk, I exercise for chocolate - it is all good!

    Beautiful silk, by the way, no wonder you are so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dieting... for fiber... BRILLIANT! I'm on a diet myself this year, thankfully I'm inspired to lose weight because of my knitting... If I start to plateau I may have to steal your idea. :)

    Although I have 100 pounds I want to lose... I don't know if I want 100 pounds of fiber in my house! LOL. Can't wait to see how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should lose about 100, but will be happy with 50. Yes, it is a lot of fiber! Which is why losing weight slowly is so healthy. :-) Gives me a chance to use it while I lose it.

    ReplyDelete