Monday, December 17, 2012

Keep twist in the right things

Rambouillet singles spun up
"I'm glad the Mayan apocalypse is before the holiday...I'm not at all ready."  This is what my friend Ginny said during yoga class between breaths.  I was having a heck of a time holding Half Moon Pose without toppling over --okay, it was more like quarter moon pose on me, if you know what I mean.  I had met Ginny some years ago when I was a free woman able to walk my dog in a local nature reserve every morning. Now that I have a full-time job my social life is zip unless I have the energy to venture out evenings or weekends.  So I was glad to run into her at a weekend class at a local yoga studio.  I'd signed up for a class as part of my overall quest for a healthier me.
Voila! Yarn!

"I haven't done any shopping."  We had sunk down into Warrior variations and I was sucking wind, sweat pouring down my face--not a pretty sight at all.  I mumbled something about shopping online. I purchased all my gifts by cyber-Monday, except for odds and ends I pick up at Trader Joe's or the stuff I spin and knit myself.  However, I think it came out more like "muffle wumpy" as I tried to breathe into the twist.

"I don't even have a tree up." By this time I'd collapsed into Child Pose and she was twisting into limberasana.  But it did get me to thinking.  Why exactly do we get ourselves into such a twist this time of year?
I started spinning some merino.

For me, the only twist worth anything is that found in yarn, and possibly a Yoga pose or two.  But, I primarily like my twist in yarn.  I really don't like a lot of twists in life--that just makes knots and anxiety.  So I try not to kink and fold all over myself about things.  Not that it always works, but I do try.

The most twist I'm getting from this year's holiday season is some yarn I'm spinning up as a gift.  Yep, I'm going with the flow and as you can see, I've been fairly productive!
Making progress
So everyone, unless you are doing Yoga, don't get in a twist. Have a Happy Holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment