Sunday, May 26, 2013

My new-to-me Loomcraft!


My new-to-me Loomcraft
 Drum roll please! And here she is Lucinda, aka Lu-Lu, my new-to-me loom!  She has 8 harnesses so now I can try out some more complicated patterns.  I'm itching to get a warp on her, except I am still winding a warp for my big loom upstairs.  Once that is done, I'm winding up some shiny threads for a bunch of festive holiday table runners!  More on that latter.

I've started a new weft color on these towels.
In the meantime, the homemade bench that came with this loom is sitting behind the Fanny as I weave away at a new color on that 12 yard towel warp.  I love the way the red is turning out.  I will weave a couple of towels and then start on another color.  Love the bench too.  Once the DH finishes setting up his workshop, I'm bringing home some lumber and building a second bench!

Flax planted in the garden.
We decided not to do a regular garden this year--you know lots of tomatoes and peppers and such.  So I decided to try some flax.  I stopped by Whole Foods this morning and picked up some of the two types of flax they sell in bulk--one golden and the other the brown type.  I planted both of them in the bed shown, though in back I did plant some climbing beans.  Rain is expected tonight, and I am looking forward to seeing if I can actually grow my own flax, prepare it and spin it into linen. At the very least, I'll have a bed of pretty blue flowers.

That's about all for today.  I need to get back to my weaving!

1 comment:

  1. I love how that towel is turning out!

    I'll be really interested to see how your flax experiment turns out.

    ReplyDelete