Saturday, July 13, 2013

Spinning my wheels in the Tour de Fleece


Where I was a week ago.
My Tour de Fleece progress seemed to mirror my exercise efforts. I was off to a slow start the first week or so, with only a plied bobbin and one full skein to show for my efforts.  But like in my fitness regime, I caught a second wind.

My fitness benchmarks went really well last weekend and I shed 8 pounds of fat!  Also, I feel great  able to do more push ups, sit ups and other benchmark feats.  I am keeping up with my weight circuits and my cardio--today, I enjoyed a ten mile ride through some beautiful areas including restored prairie.  I also caught a new wind in terms of spinning!

A full skein, a skein in waiting and a lot less unspun fiber!


Spinning improved right away and I was out there in the Peloton treadling up a storm! I skeined one bobbin and plied another.  I still have quite a bit to go, but I'm confident I can make a dent in this stash by the end of the tour, if not finish it entirely.  There will be more to show soon!

If you are on Ravelry, you will find the Spin Your Stash team to be producing lovely yarn! Many have dived deep into their stash bins to find lovely things to spin.  It is really fun and encouraging to see.  Go Team!






1 comment:

  1. You go girl on both the exercise front as well as the spinning and plying front!
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete