Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tour de Fleece Winner's Circle!

1800 yards of finished yarn!
Twenty-year-old fleece is now few-days-old yarn, thanks to the Tour de Fleece and it's annual spinning madness! It was a great tour this year, volunteering to serve as a moderator and captaining the team for the Spin Your Stash group.  I managed to spin about 36 ounces of wool making about 1800 yards of two-ply yarn. I've rounded these figures up a bit because I lost the paper I was using to keep track. I had to figure my yardage from memory.

I am glad the tour is over.  I spent a few hours per day at my wheel to keep up with it and then there was all that time on Ravelry checking out posts and more.  Right now, I'm pretty tired of spinning and want to go back to my slower spinning pace.  And I need to weave. I miss weaving.

I just finished threading four inches worth of heddles on the Fanny.  During the Tour, I got the idea to fix some tension issues by cutting the first three towels off the loom and retying it.  Then I got the idea to re-thread it--I'm not sure this was the best idea I've ever had but it seemed brilliant and correct at the time.  I am also in the middle of winding a warp for the new-to-me loom.  So I do have lots of things to keep me busy now that I'm not spinning all the time.

Though one thing is finished, I'm in the middle of plenty more.


No comments:

Post a Comment