Sunday, August 25, 2013

Rat-race redux

Finished threading the heddles! One step closer to weaving,
.
Re-entry into the rat-race after a week of serenity in northwoods was bumpy.  Plunging right back into maxed out traffic due to the start of school and imbecilic office politics just raised the old cortisol levels and I found myself reaching for the deadlies, sugar.  Sugar as in two bouts of cake, one Ben&Jerry, a row of ChipsAhoy and even leaded soda! That is five strikes and standing on the scale put me up four pounds from my last official weigh in.

This is very annoying.  My sister and I joined Fat Secret and we will be doing a sugar cleanse this week.  As I write I have a bowl of my "power ice-cream" which is not Ice cream at all.  It is:

3 cups of unsweetened soy milk
2 scoops of vanilla Designer Whey protein
1 20 oz bag of frozen blueberries
Zap this in the blender and it makes two bowls.  Frozen, use a spoon, when it melts use a straw.

It also comes in chocolate form which is like this:
3 cups of unsweetened soy milk
2 scoops of chocolate Designer Whey protein
1 20 oz bag of raspberries.
Zap in blender till mixed and you have a treat for two!
No, I don't have a Wooly Winder.  Finshed 8 oz of roving though!
Fortunately, I have been working on my fiber projects, so my spirits are up.  It took this weekend to kind of get my brain back in line again, and free myself from the frustration of all the imbecilic nonsense at my day job.  I don't play politics at work because I have a job where I actually have to work--I don't get a lot of time for trouble-making chit-chat or playing on Facebook (as my 13 friends well know).  But I do have ears and unfortunately, I forget my earplugs.

Today, I spent over an hour at the gym doing my total body strength routine capped with a good dose of yoga.  Tomorrow it will be cardio and yoga. The DH's trainer has him doing these really cool moves on the Eco-Mill treadmill and I want to try themout.  I think it will make the treadmill, well, a bit less of a treadmill.
My prize from being a member of a Ravelry LSG team!
And so today, I plan to spin, weave a few towels, sleigh a reed maybe, dream up super project like bold placemats made with the fabulous cotton I won from an LSG team, bake some chicken ahead for healthy lunches--all that kind of smart stuff.  And stay away from sugar!

1 comment:

  1. I am craftsteaders DH and I too will be back into good eating and working out. It takes two people with the same idea to actually make dieting and working out a success. So we are back on the straight and narrow, good readers.

    Baxter (DH)

    ReplyDelete