Sunday, December 1, 2013

Black Friday Weave-A-Thon

Early into the Black Friday Weave-A-Thon
Stores were not the place to be Friday morning.  Seeing how long the line was at Kohl's, I decided I really didn't need the $10 coupon, or any of the stuff I'd picked out. At home I had a plenty of towels I needed to have woven in time for the holidays (Gift Spoiler Alert!) and I realized my time would be better spent at my loom.  Standing in a ridiculously long check out line is the last thing I want to do on a day off.

One down, and another started!
This is how I ended out spending six to eight hours straight at my loom on Friday.  The countown to the holidays has started and I have to get weaving if I want to have them off the loom, finished and in the mail in time for the holidays!  With Thanksgiving coming so late this year, there is a shortage of weaving days before the deadline--especially since I have to mail everything.  Oddly, I can get something delivered to addresses in Holland faster than I can to some addresses in the U.S. so I will keep that in mind as I finish these towels.

On to my second turquoise towel!
I managed to lose 1.6 pounds this week despite the Thankgiving Eat-A-Thon.  I did a turkey-free Thankgiving and made a lasagna.  It was really good and lasted us two days of solid eating.  It was semi "healthy" as I used the low-fat ricotta. I am really glad I did this as I don't think I'd want to face the traditional leftovers today.  The lasagna is long gone.

This leaves me with a 7.6 pound loss for the month of November.  I am skimming .4 pounds above my goal of losing 10% of the weight since my stroke.  I know I can easily polish this off this week between the gym and healthy eating.  I am very psyched about how I am doing.  My decision to give up sweets has really paid off.  And I don't feel deprived as I really enjoy eating real food!

Today, I made it to my last towel.
Weaving is a calorie burner, by the way.  I put the heart rate monitor on Friday and found I wasn't exactly sedentary, though I was pretty far from my aerobic range.  Today, I started weaving after the gym and got much better heart rate readings--not aerobic, but better than Friday.  So, I think it would pay to do some cardio prior to sitting down to a weaving spree.  Well, I'd better get back to it.  I have one last towel to weave!

2 comments:

  1. The towels look wonderful. Congrats on meeting your weight loss goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the colors! I can hardly wait until I can get my loom set up once again. But I'm not without creative endeavors, I just published my book! Please do drop by my blog f you get the chance to help me celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete