Sunday, February 16, 2014

Olympic finish

Decorative table runners are ready for the next holiday season!
There is nothing quite like a week of sitting in front of the TV every evening to plow through a pile of unfinished objects.  I had lots of sewing and fringes to twist to get some of the items I've had lying around done.  Above are the runners I made on the 8 shaft Loomcraft I brought home last May.  They still need a hard press but at least the fringing and other sewing is done.
Another runner.
The first runner used dark green Tencel while the one you see folded used a slick shiny green rayon.  Both came out quite nice and will be nice after the press.  I kind of wish I had one of those professional presses, but I will have to fumble along with an old fashioned iron.
The runners puckered a bit after washing, and I think this is due to the giant design flaw in these seven shaft broken twill variation runners.  My design has floats 6 ends long--much too long for twill.  I went ahead an continued weaving despite the flaw and now I get to see the fruits of this weaving mistake.  They are still pretty, they just need to be handled as a delicate item.  For whatever reason, I didn't detect this problem in the draft at the time I made it on the computer--I can see it now! Next time, I will know better!
Washcloths woven on the Structo Artcraft.
I also finished up the washcloths I had on my table loom.  I'm not a big fan of table loom weaving, so my next set will be done on one of the  floor looms.  I really like the way they came out--they are excellent washcloths and I expect to make more in the future.

Weaving continues
 Despite the Olympics, I'm still getting plenty of time at my loom. I can usually weave a few inches between getting home from work and dinner, so I can make steady progress.  I'm also threading the Loomcraft again with a shawl and have plans for Canadian Snowflake hand towels, but more on that later!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely ! I see we have much in common, yet living many miles apart. This is what I love about blogging.

    I am excited to see how your shawl turns out.

    ReplyDelete