Saturday, March 1, 2014

Cheer against endless winter

IMG_0136 by Craftsteader
IMG_0136, a photo by Craftsteader on Flickr.
With a giant March snowstorm forecast of doom pending, what better way to spend the weekend then weaving? I just finished these bright and cheery curtains for the loom room upstairs, and have a big diffenbachia perched in front of it to provide some oxygen. Yep, the loom you see is Bella, my 60" Nylus II on which I am weaving the complicated Canadian Snowflake throw. I plan to finish the weaving this weekend.
Over my coffee this morning, I joined Pinterest in order to save nice looking drafts I've been finding online. This will give me a nice collection for future projects.
In the meantime, I have but to wait patiently for SNOWMAGADON to come. If my memory serves me correctly, snowstorms at the very beginning of March can be the worst. The only positive being warm weather follows and the snow melts into a big mess. It is a very good day to weave.

No comments:

Post a Comment