Sunday, August 10, 2014

It's been a long time....

I opened my Etsy shop with these two pieces.
My blog has been uncharacteristically quiet for the past few months.  Summer has been keeping me busy with travel, time in the sunshine and crafting.  Today, I opened my Etsy Shop with a couple of pieces of amethyst jewelry.  I plan to add some weaving soon, but I really wanted to get this shop going and yesterday I went a little nuts at this beading store in Downers Grove.  I also have one of these bracelets, but don't worry, I have no intention of mass producing.  I like one-of-a-kind items.  Two-of-a-kind in this case.  I love making jewelry.

The bracelet and ear rings I'm selling are made with the same quality stones and findings as the one I made for myself--the part of the ear-ring that goes in your ear is gold-filled for instance.

I'm still pretty new at this--no light box, no jewelry boxes and no labels, yet. But I have plans for creating a more sophisticated store.  Right now, I just need a sale or two to get me off the ground, so I'll be pretty busy weaving, knitting and beading so I have things for my shop. This is exciting.  Opening a shop is something I've been thinking about for a long time and with my birthday coming up, I figured it was the time to do it!. It is called Craftstead Studio, in honor of this blog.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new venture! Your jewellery is lovely.

    ReplyDelete