Sunday, July 5, 2015

Weight no-loss blues


 Six months into my diet when I should be making my friends jealous with how much weight I've lost and all the new clothes I have, I am right back where I started. I reversed direction about the time this photo was taken of me dyeing silk in my garage.  Below is a picture of me--I am practically square! I had planned to crop this photo to hide my extended butt, but instead I am going for truth. Anyone who knows me knows I'm shaped like a rounded square.

I go for safety gear when I dye, splash proof goggles just might save my eyes.
Sitting back in "square one" is frustrating. Do I need to tell you that? Haven't all of us struggling with weight issues faced this sudden death of resolve and re-finding of all those pounds? Isn't this the statistic we all see of people regaining all they've lost. How many times have I lost and found this same 10 pounds? I'm guessing 15 times. And we've all heard the advice--blah, blah, blah--but fat good it does us when the cookies call.

The only good thing about being obese and out-of-shape is how easy it is to get my heart rate up into the "Zone." And with this I invented:

Cardocise

Just today, actually, I invented a new exercise that allows me to destash AND delard. We recently rearranged the house and now I am able to put my rebounder (a bouncy exercise thing)  in the back room where the drum carder is.  Now rebounding is fairly boring all on it's own, so I got the idea I could hand pick fleece while jogging in place. I like the rebounder because it doesn't stress my joints and helps with some tendonitis in my heels. And it fits in my house the way no treadmill would.

DH stopped by and wondered if I was actually getting exercise, which annoyed me enough to make me dig out my heart rate monitor. 
Silk hankies I dyed in the above picture
I was amazed at how quickly I was able to get up into the zone. No wonder I walk so slow! Sheesh just crawling is hard work for me. I could get my heart rate up nice just moving fairly slowly.  I think if you are obese and exercising, getting a heart rate monitor is a good idea because then you know how intense you are really going. You can't compare yourself with those skinny fit people in the DVDs or at your exercise class. You can be pumping at your max while they are cruising down at nothing. I bought a Polar one and it seems to be doing a good job. Plus it calculates the burn and gives me something I can track.

So I pick raw washed wool while slowly jogging and run an occasional batt through the carder. It's definitely a win-win for me, two for the price of one, yah de yah. Now if I can just keep it up. I have plenty of fleece to pick and lots of weight to lose.  Let's see how this high fiber diet works.


1 comment:

  1. great looking silk. Combing and carding all those fibers will be a workout too
    Will check back for recipes. Everything looked yummy

    ReplyDelete