Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Just two little days....

Finished planting the allium 

Ever notice that when you are ordering bulbs, it seems like you can't get enough? And then you go to planting and think, "150 bulbs is a LOT." Fortunately, I took a couple of days off from work last week and spent some of it gardening. I planted about 75 allium. I planted them in close little groupings of them to pop up along the walk.

Filled cloth beam

 I also wove off the placemat warp I've been working on for a few months.  I now have eight mats to hem, but that should go fairly quickly.

Socks #13
And I finished sock pair #13--I'm in the 15 in 2015 challenge, and my goal is to knit 15 pairs of socks. I not only finished this pair but started the next one.

Basket ripened
Just had to show you these tomatoes too.  They were green a week ago. Sitting in the basket has done them lots of good. And I've been cooking with them too.  Nothing to do with the two days off, of course.
Besides finishing three projects, I also made headway on a throw I'm weaving and my gray rug yarn project. So three cheers for crafting holidays!

I've written the letter to P&G about those plastic beads mentioned in my last blog. It's crazy what they put in our personal care products.

1 comment:

  1. Another wonderful pair of socks! You rock! Next year I expect some gorgeous photos of your garden. Oh and now I'm craving fried green tomatoes! Thanks for the tease!

    Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete