Sunday, January 24, 2016

Weaving joy

Block twill is going slick
Despite setbacks, mistakes and unbelievable tangles, I am glad I set out on this journey to learn to weave seven years ago. It has proven to be all I hoped with the long learning curve. I know I will never be bored with it.  Above I am nearly done my second towel.  As you know from my previous blog, I had a heck of a time getting the warp just right. As I started, I had to make a few more adjustments to get the sheds just so.

But the fussing and redoing does not daunt me. Being undaunted and forging ahead has probably been the most useful skill as I've learned to weave.  I tell people weaving  is not for the faint of heart.

All the perseverance has paid off, because weaving this warp has been a joy. I really love block twill because I can easily spot treadling mistakes. So I like how nice this is coming out. I love how the two colors interact.

Block Twill is also giving me ideas for future projects. I plan to open up my weaving program and experiment with point block twills. That should be interesting.  And I need to try extra colors in the warp to see how that goes. There are so many possibilities with this structure!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Your project is beautiful! You make me want to weave but I surely don't need another hobby! LOL Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete