Monday, February 1, 2016

More yarn

1100 yards at 12-13 wpi

Despite having one of the busiest weekends in awhile, I managed to finish plying the very last skein of the Crocodile Tears Yarn. Sadly, this last skein seems more uniform than the other two without the splashes of deep blues and greens. This means it might not be the best choice for a sweater. I may end out weaving with it. I will have to see how it is once I rinse the yarn.  So I add a few more skeins to my stash while I plan something. I already have three 18 gallon buckets jam packed, not including the one I'm filling with future rug yarn. I'd better get busy knitting, weaving etc.

The spinach continues to survive the ordeal of growing in a cold frame in winter by me. It is small, though--the leaves are the size of a penny. There is a long time to grow.

My diet is going about as well as the spinach. I suppose it would help if I actually dieted--hehehe. But this month I have a new plan for increased activity so we shall see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely yarn. I spun a milk fibre in similar colours a while ago.

    I have focused on making small changes. Cutting down the number of times I eat dessert, increasing my amount of walking, so far so good. I'm starting to see results, but it's very slow going. Good luck with your increased activity plan.

    ReplyDelete